Thursday, November 17, 2005

Positive Results With Lysine

I was reading up on EBV message boards and the like, saw Lysine mentioned, so I decided to look into it.

As seen on a few websites:

"In studying the relationship of lysine and herpes, researchers have found that in order to replicate, the herpes virus needs arginine, another common amino acid. Arginine is found in such foods as peanuts, chocolate, almonds, seeds, grains, gelatin and raisins. Lysine competes with arginine for absorption and entry of tissue cells. When lysine is present, it prevents the growth of HSV by depleting the strength of arginine."


Epstein-Barr, as most of you already know, is a member of the herpes family. So things that help with controlling herpes outbreaks also may help with EBV.

Anyway, so it's been two days of taking 1 lysine tablet (1,000 mg) 3 times during the day (I tried to spread it out...one in the morning, one around 5 pm and one in the evening).

So far I already feel much better. I still feel a little lethargic, but I definitely feel more alive now.

It's only been a few days, so it may be too early to tell. But so far, I'm really optimistic as I feel really good now.

Links regarding Lysine/Epstein-Barr or Herpes:

Wikipedia article on Lysine

Info from Diagnose-Me.com

Info from Herpes.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherrie said...

hi , i also have epstein barr & cytomeglarvirus, have had chronic fatigue for years. now I'm also peri menopausal...I having a dreadful time ...my friend mentioned lysine, i did a search yesterday/today to find out if it could help , that's how I found your blog..I'm going to buy some today ...are you still feeling much improved...sherrie from simpleliving :)

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you would be diagnosed with Epstein Barr and not given a recommendation for Lysine. My doctor just diagnosed me and that was her main recommendation, as well as Olive Leaf extract. Perhaps that is the advantage of a Naturopath?? I would not suggest doses without knowing your levels, but that maybe you should seek another caregiver with better experience of the virus.

And eat lots of meat and cheese, no oats!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home